Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Uncharitable Speech - How sinful?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:08 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: CDoA, SSVdP
Back to the original question, if your intent was to perhaps use a thought provoking statement to keep someone from wasting money on a useless degree, it may have been a good thing!

Post subject: Re: Uncharitable Speech - How sinful?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:49 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
I've gotta admit that I let a couple of individuals in this forum have it with both barrels several nights ago. Someone posted a thread that hit a very strong "hot button" with me. Any other night, I'd probably have chosen to ignore it, but I'd had a horrendous day...no, in truth, the pressure of the past 7 months of inhuman demands at work came crashing down on me that day. I'd lost it at work, and this time I was going to take no prisoners. I let loose, telling them exactly how I felt about their issue and their subsequent disbelief that ANYONE with my "qualifications" would feel differently than they do. Finally, I realized that I was far too angry, and unsubscribed from the thread, although I haven't figured out how to get it off my "View Your Posts" list. I haven't dared go back to that thread for fear of enraging myself again. That's not something I want to do here. I don't get angry often, but that thread was one of the few things that will get me there.

Image Image

Commit to the Image

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2