Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 64 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Saints who smoke
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Traditional Latin Mass Loving Catholic
Ancient Oracle wrote:
Solivagus in Mundi wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:
Doom wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:
As I said, I never question their right to smoke, or attempt to justify their actions, but if their actions impact the health system, they should pay their way!

Doesn't almost everybody's actions have an effect on their health?

Absolutely, but I'm not sure how relevant that statement is.

You can exercise, eat a healthy diet ...

or you can smoke, drink to excess, and eat at McDonalds.

Some things are positive, and some things are stupid!

Smoking moderately is not stupid, nor is eating at McDonalds once and a while

If were always stupid it would be sinful

Have it your way.

But that's the Burger King slogan...

"I have loved You, oh Jesus. Grant me to love You even more, so that my thoughts turn only to You, all day, and all night, even while sleeping ... I wish my spirit to talk always with You, my soul to converse always with You." -St Gemma Galgani

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
force fingered the youngster :fyi: :wave

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:24 am 
Adept
Adept

Religion: United Methodist
Quote:
The second hand smoke lie is so ridiculous if you think logically for 5 seconds...they say that second hand smoke is worse than first hand smoke, and they say that smoking is inherently addictive for every person who smokes.....so....how come no one is addicted to second hand smoke? I've never once heard anybody say 'man I need a fix, please smoke this cigarette so I can get that second hand smoke fix I need.'

This may be true, but I can tell you this for a fact. Second-hand smoke is one of the most irritating things I know of for a person who does not smoke. I can vouch for the truth that it is not addicting...at least not to me, but it IS repulsive and irritating. It stings my eyes, and chokes me when I am around even a little cigarette smoke. For some reason, cigars don't bother me much, nor do pipe smokers, but when I am in the same room with a cigarette smoker I nearly get sick. And what is strange is that both of my parents smoked tons (Mom smoked as many as 3 packs a day until she quit after 26 years of it.) And all those years growing up I was accidentally burned 3 times with her cigarettes (she didn't mean to burn me, she just got a little careless at times), and I would nearly choke inside the car when riding with them. I would have to crack the window open and put my nose to the outside air. I know a number of non-smokers who have similar reactions to second-hand smoke. As to whether or not it was affecting my long-term health, I can't say. I seem to be pretty healthy today after all these years, but I still don't want to be around it, as I still have the same irritating sensations when being forced to breathe second-hand smoke. I have come to believe that smokers either don't understand this, or don't really believe it. Furthermore, when you get around a smoker who is not smoking, you can still smell the stench of it on their clothes and breath. That awful odor even gets into their furniture and draperies, etc. You can walk into the house of a smoker and the odor can be overwhelming. Yet, the smokers themselves never seem to notice it at all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:55 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic soon
Cyprian wrote:
Furthermore, when you get around a smoker who is not smoking, you can still smell the stench of it on their clothes and breath. That awful odor even gets into their furniture and draperies, etc. You can walk into the house of a smoker and the odor can be overwhelming. Yet, the smokers themselves never seem to notice it at all.

Hence smoking-jackets. :mrgreen:

And rooms devoted specifically to smoking. Most often I think it's the library.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 64 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4