Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Apple Ads on the Macbook?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:42 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Remember those asinine Mac ads with the nerdy Windows guy and the "cool" slacker Mac guy? Most people identified with Windows guy.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:21 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
with super cool justin long as the mac guy... indeed ... i saw looking for a video example that 32 of them were done...had no idea it was thatmany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOvzGiheOM

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 pm 
Adept
Adept

Doom wrote:
The thing I wish Apple people could be made to understand is that the extreme zealotry of so much of the Apple faithful is a big turn off and a huge PR problem for the company...

It's human nature that when people feel like they are being pushed too aggressively in one direction they tend to overreact by pushing back in an extreme way in the opposite direction....

It doesn't seem to be turning off too many people:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17835234
Quote:
25 April 2012

Apple doubles quarterly profits to $11.6bn (£7.2bn)

Apple has reported its profits almost doubled in the first three months of the year.

Apple said its net profit came in at $11.6bn (£7.2bn), up from $6bn in the same period last year and much better than had been expected.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Doom wrote:
In my life I've had so many conservations that go like this....

Pushy Guy: Dude did you see 'Game of Thones' last night?'

Me: No, I don't want that show, I'm sure it's an okay show but it's just not really my kind of thing...

Pushy Guy: Really? How can you not love this show, I think it's great, I think it's the best thing on TV

Me: I saw part of an episode once while flipping through the channels, and I didn't like it

Pushy Guy: How can you not like it? It's great!

Me: Not only do I not like it, I think it's terrible, it's awful, I hate it

Pushy Guy: Oh come on, it's great, you must not be very smart if you can't appreciate how great this show is

Me: It's not only the worst thing I've ever seen, I think it's the worst thing ever to be on TV, I hate it, and I hate the people who watch it!

Now, if that pushy guy pushes me any further, I'm gonna say that not only do I hate the show and everyone who watches it, I'm gonna say that it's the worst thing ever...and not just stuff on TV and that the writers for the show should all be given capital punishment...and then I'm going to go to a 'Game of Thrones' discussion board and start trolling by starting a thread about how stupid the show is and how much I hate it and wish it would be cancelled....

What I'm saying is that the extreme zealotry and the refusal to just say 'oh, okay, I guess it's not for everybody' when I said I didn't watch the show forced me into a position I didn't really believe by saying it is the worst thing ever, a position I take simply out of spite simply because I resent the way it is being pushed on me....

Wouldn't that be a classic childish behavior, or, better, a rebellious juvenile attitude?

You're doing something you don't like just to challenge the guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2