Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Joke//dead duck/ObamaCare Forewarn
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm 
DCF Poet Laureate

Religion: Catholic
Greetings:

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.

After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has passed away."

The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?" "Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the vet..

"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."

The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to woman. The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!" she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $150."

by(e)carg

Loving steady luminance on the pixels.

Post subject: Re: Joke//dead duck/ObamaCare Forewarn
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm 

Religion: Padrino de Dani
Yes, my son had a CAT scan and 11 stitches last month and the bill was over 6200. I have friends that are undocumented and many of them try not to go the ER because of the cost. Yes some people go and end up not paying and for this the cost does increase but my neighbor the other day cut his leg with a saw then came to my house and I was not home so I checked on him the next day when my wife told me he came over and when I got there his leg was infected so I cleaned it all out and rewrapped it and then went back and check on him again and now he is doing well but he would not go to the clinic or the ER. Another neighbor called me at work and said she could not stop her hand from bleeding and I told her to go to the clinic but she refused so i went over and took care of it and then another couple (undocumented) showed up at my house at night with their 6 year old who was in shock and had the whole front of her leg burned with 2 degree burns so i had my wife put cartoons on and that helped with her shock besides covering her and lifting her legs a bit and then I treated her burn and I called the ER on the phone and told them that they would not take the child in because they had come in a month earlier with the little girl and gotten 6 stitches and been charged 1700 and they were still paying on that. These are my neighbors and no they are not abusing the child, the girl herself told me she spilled soup on her leg and how she cut her hand too. Many people lump all hispanics into a group saying they abuse the ER and that is why are bills are higher and for some that is true but for many others especially the undocumented they avoid using it if possible and much of the abuse comes from US Citizens that don't pay. I then asked the ER about long term burn care and they told me over the phone what to do and I followed their advice. (Very strange since most RNs would not give this advice over the phone) These are just a few of the times people have come to get help and my sister the nurse tells me I need to be careful so I won't get charged for practicing medicine unlawfully. I teach basic first aid for the city but I always tell these people to go to the doctor, clinic or hospital and for some things they do listen and go in, like getting a scan but for other things they won't so I do basic first aid and check on them after but I do worry about them getting infection and almost all of them try to pay me but I never charge for any of the supplies or treatment. Just last week I spent another $60 to fill my trauma kit up again and the entire Investment in the last 6 years has been over $1000. I looked at the list of charges for my son and many of the things listed are excessive. I was going to fix my own son up but after I took a look at his eyes and his swollen cheek I decided he needed to get scanned so the hospital called in a plastic surgeon as well. The little girl he hit heads with is not a US Citizen so she only got a local clinic and my son got the surgeon and as a girl I would had it the other way around since boys most of the time think it is cool to have scars. Sorry for rambling but your issue brought up a couple of other issues as well.

I am Larry Love, I have made sacred rosaries for over 20 years out of gemstones and other materials. I am very proud to be the godfather of two wonderful girls and father to two girls and 3 boys. My beautiful wife is from Guatemala.

Come see our rosaries (See DCF shopping mall) or
http://www.larryloveutah.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=83_71