Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 35 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Craigslist
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
It is kind of funny some of the things you see on Craigslist. One that comes to mind in the free section is "Bag of mismatched socks". It makes me wonder how many are legit and how many are just kids with nothing better to do.

Some of them are like "Come do my yard work for me and get FREE leaves for your compost pile!"

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Would anyone ever get a used mattress? There sure are plenty of them on CL. I can't see myself using one. I wonder why. I use the used ones at the hotel / motel but I guess it's because I don't have much of a choice.

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Just read this ad: Tomato Steaks...

I wonder how you cook them?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
perhaps they meant beefsteak tomatoes 8-)

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:11 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: CDoA, SSVdP
faithfulservant wrote:
perhaps they meant beefsteak tomatoes 8-)

Or tomato STAKES.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:42 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

hehe...that would make infinitely more cents...always look for the spelling arrow

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

oh yeah...just heard a blurb for the news tonight... some crazy lady put her child for sale on craigslist :shock: maybe i can remember to watch to see what the deal is

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:52 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

faithfulservant wrote:
oh yeah...just heard a blurb for the news tonight... some crazy lady put her child for sale on craigslist :shock: maybe i can remember to watch to see what the deal is

How stupid! Everyone knows you can't sell them, you have to give them away! Or pay someone to take them.

Yes, judging by the picture, they were tomato stakes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

the story was the child (baby) was listed for $4000... the woman who came to buy the child backed out, then called 911 and got the police involved...but somehow , they have not tracked down the seller yet

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

faithfulservant wrote:
the story was the child (baby) was listed for $4000... the woman who came to buy the child backed out, then called 911 and got the police involved...but somehow , they have not tracked down the seller yet

Oh, you didn't say that the child was a baby. That's different.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

so what's the going rate for babies these days...4k sounds like a bargain to me :?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: The carrefour of ignorance is bliss & knowledge is power.
Religion: The One with All the Marks.
Chris G wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:

How stupid! Everyone knows you can't sell them, you have to give them away! Or pay someone to take them.

Yes, judging by the picture, they were tomato stakes.

Earlier this week I would have let our 15 year old go for a bargain basement price!

- I try to have a little something for everybody in my posts. If you notice a spelling, grammar, or punctuation error... well... I put that in for you.

- I remember a lot of things. (Some of which actually happened.)

- Even the best of men may be born in times unsuited to their virtues.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 pm 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
faithfulservant wrote:
so what's the going rate for babies these days...4k sounds like a bargain to me :?

That barely covers the deductible!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:45 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

faithfulservant wrote:

I'll trade you four teenagers for one baby.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

My unscientific informal survey of Craigslist in my area reveals these items as the most popular in the "Free" section:

1) Old matress and box springs
2) Hot Tub -usually non-working
3) Old style big screen TV -working and not
4) Broken concrete

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 35 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2