Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 7   [ 137 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: In the Beginning....DCF
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:43 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC 3rd-Hon. Life Member
Saw this thread, thought-check it out. So it's posts from Nov. '06 and suddenly it's present.

I remember a lot of the names mentioned. I joined maybe '99, could have been 2000, and used a name I can't remember but it probably had my initials. Only posted a few times. Mostly I was on Steve Haws' board, Rapture Ready, Former Catholics, Jesus is Lord, etc. setting the Fundies straight on Catholic doctrine.

Saw the post where Siggy mentions Steve Haws board and only her, GKC and I are the posters. :wave

Kotton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:47 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Kotton wrote:
Saw this thread, thought-check it out. So it's posts from Nov. '06 and suddenly it's present.

I remember a lot of the names mentioned. I joined maybe '99, could have been 2000, and used a name I can't remember but it probably had my initials. Only posted a few times. Mostly I was on Steve Haws' board, Rapture Ready, Former Catholics, Jesus is Lord, etc. setting the Fundies straight on Catholic doctrine.

Saw the post where Siggy mentions Steve Haws board and only her, GKC and I are the posters. :wave

Kotton

We were regulars. Bro. Ed was there, M Word was there, (both only intermittently, Bro. Ed was busy with his Fruitcake site), we ran into forumjunkie on a few of those anti-Catholic boards, Bonnie L and Lisieux were both on the EP board as well as this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:10 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Kotton wrote:

Kotton

I really enjoyed Steve's board.

GKC

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

We have the same birthday and we're the same age. I exchange birthday greetings with him every year, but I really should do more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Signum Crucis wrote:
We have the same birthday and we're the same age. I exchange birthday greetings with him every year, but I really should do more.

Would he stop by here?

GKC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:11 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

GKC wrote:
Signum Crucis wrote:

Would he stop by here?

GKC

I invite him every time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: I got me some.
Signum Crucis wrote:
Kotton wrote:

Kotton

We were regulars. Bro. Ed was there, M Word was there, (both only intermittently, Bro. Ed was busy with his Fruitcake site), we ran into forumjunkie on a few of those anti-Catholic boards, Bonnie L and Lisieux were both on the EP board as well as this one.

Thems was the days. I was on Steve's board for a while. I stuck with Former Catholics for Christ from inception until the bitter end. Its still around but its dead. That was a real soap opera, especially when Deb came along. More entertaining than JIL's demise.

"Man is placed above all creatures, and not beneath them, and he cannot be satisfied or content except in something greater than himself. Greater than himself there is nothing but Myself, the Eternal God. Therefore I alone can satisfy him."

The Dialogue of the Seraphic Virgin Catherine of Siena

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:26 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Quo Vadis wrote:
Thems was the days. I was on Steve's board for a while. I stuck with Former Catholics for Christ from inception until the bitter end. Its still around but its dead. That was a real soap opera, especially when Deb came along. More entertaining than JIL's demise.

I knew I left somebody out. :?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Roman Catholic
I think I joined in early 2000, and IIRC have been through three versions of the board. I was directed here from TheologyOnline.com by a Catholic man who argued ferociously for the faith amidst hoardes of Protestants.

:duel:

I wish I could remember who it was. . .. I was still searching at that point.

ETA: Augustine, perhaps? If the angler who reeled me in is still around, please post so I know whom to thank!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:41 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

We've had the same version (phpbb), just different themes and updates since 2002. Prior to that we were on another format.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Orthodox
You mean when it was just the threaded forum (with all of the indents, etc.)?

I was on then, either as jleecbd or AngloCatholic, or even likely both.

For from the rising of the sun even to its going down, My name has been glorified among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered to My name, and a pure offering, for My name shall be great among the Gentiles, says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 1:11, LXX)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Here it is.

I saw Della's name. Where did she go?

For from the rising of the sun even to its going down, My name has been glorified among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered to My name, and a pure offering, for My name shall be great among the Gentiles, says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 1:11, LXX)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

AncientFaith wrote:
Here it is.

Was I JeffinCA back then? I notice threads talking with GKC about AngloCatholicism, so maybe that was my moniker back then. I think that it was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

AncientFaith wrote:
AncientFaith wrote:
Here it is.

Was I JeffinCA back then? I notice threads talking with GKC about AngloCatholicism, so maybe that was my moniker back then. I think that it was.

A mind being a terrible thing to lose, of course. The more I think about it, the more I think that was me. Unfortunately, I can't follow the threads to find out for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:57 am 

AncientFaith wrote:
Here it is.

WOW, did that bring back memories. I think that was around the time of Steve's 2x4 night.

A modern day Shunamite woman. (2 Kgs. 4:26)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:59 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

If you want to go further back, before MySQL (or whatever it is/was) was behind the scenes, check this out. You can even read the messages since they were stored in html files.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

AncientFaith wrote:
If you want to go further back, before MySQL (or whatever it is/was) was behind the scenes, check this out. You can even read the messages since they were stored in html files.

And the most interesting, yet not terribly surprising thing, is that there you are, 12 years ago, with the same arguments going on as today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:15 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

AncientFaith wrote:
AncientFaith wrote:
Here it is.

What did I say?

GKC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:20 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

AncientFaith wrote:
Here it is.

Over at Catholic Answers, I think.

I wonder about SecretAgentMan. We exchanged some books, back in the day. He had a blog, for a while, then disappeared.

GKC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

GKC wrote:
AncientFaith wrote:
AncientFaith wrote:
Here it is.

What did I say?

GKC

I just saw the thread titles, couldn't see the contents, unfortunately. That was back when I was an AngloCatholic.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 7   [ 137 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next