Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Greetings from Kiev
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:20 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Orthodox
Hello :wave from Kiev. This is very old city, from which Russia was baptized in 988. I belong to the Orthodox Church. If to be precise, it is also called Catholic Church, in the Creed, and in official documents as well. I've put a photo of bishop Atanasije Jevtic (Serbian Orthodox Church), one of the most outstanding contemporary Orthodox theologians, - to show, why I'm an orthodox from the spiritual point of view. As Jesus Christ said of Nathanael in John 1:47 "Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile." The same feeling I have of this bishop - that he is absolutely honest. Here is a video interview with him about the Liturgy (with English subtitles), I reposted it from Google Videos to YouTube, because Google Videos will delete soon all the uploaded videos. Observe that he spent all his life studying the Church Fathers and the Church history, so how can I don't believe to him or many other orthodox theologians like him? Orthodoxy is not just beautiful icons, churches and services (although this is also important), - it is beautiful people, inside which Christ is formed (Gal. 4:19 "My little children, of whom I am in labour again, until Christ be formed in you.") and Holy Ghost lives (1 Cor. 6:19 "Or know you not that your members are the temple of the Holy Ghost, who is in you, whom you have from God: and you are not your own?"). What is my purpose for being here? First of all, it's very interesting for me to communicate with Roman Catholics: what do they know about the Orthodoxy, what are their arguments against it? It's easy nowadays to discuss with protestants, when they even bless homosexual marriages, but what can you say against the Orthodox Church? I think that forum is a good place for sharing important, interesting information, which is needed by the both sides of the dialogue, because, as one Roman Catholic theologian wrote to me, "I spent several months in Orthodox monasteries and love the Orthodox spirituality - just like our former pope did who recommended all Catholics to learn from the East." If I don't respond for some period of time - that's because I'm very busy now, - I'll respond later. If something is unclear in my posts due to my imperfect English - you may ask me in a private message or directly in a topic. Thank you for your attention!

Last edited by Vadim on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Kiev
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
welcome to the board...we have at least one poster who can converse with you in your native language :fyi: 8-)

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:12 am 
Majesty
Majesty

Welcome to the board, Vadim! :wave

I have been in Russia several times: St. Petersburg (formerly Leningrad), Moscow, and Kazan.

LBT

PS: Below is a link of myself before St. Basil Cathedral on the Red Square at Moscow:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96327

His mother said to his servants, "Do whatever he tells you." (John 2:5)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:43 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Welcome Vadim! :)

I am sure many will be happy to discuss with you about the Orthodox Church.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:11 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Welcome to DCF, Vadim! :wave

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:31 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Byzantine Catholic
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
I can say nothing against the Orthodox Church because the Orthodox Church is filled with saints and holy men such as St. Seraphim of Sarov. The Orthodox Liturgy is the most beautiful in the world and has not been tinkered with to satsify the cravings of men with carnal minds who wish to be quickly amused and dismissed. (i.e. the notorious clown Masses, the idea of Liturgical "dance" at Mass, and other nonsense that appeared after Vatician II).

It is a shame that some Orthodox do not recognize that there are holy men in the Catholic Church as well. It is a shame that fundamentalist types in both Orthodoxy and Catholicism point fingers at each other and make claims which deny the facts: there are holy men and saints in both Orthodoxy and Catholicism. It is a shame that they do not recognize that God works through both Orthodoxy and Catholicism to do His will and produce His saints. And it is a shame that we are not re-united after over 1,000 years apart. What a sad and terrible testimony to the world when Jesus said that He wished us to be one Church and to love each other as brothers.

Welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

:wave Hi, Vadim! Welcome to the board.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: K of C, Confr. of St. Peter
Welcome, Vadim. Христос васкрсе!*

or as we say in the Latin Church, Christus resurrexit! (Vere resurrexit!)

*courtesy Google Translate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: The carrefour of ignorance is bliss & knowledge is power.
Religion: The One with All the Marks.
Hello Vadim and welcome to the board. Sorry I missed you back in April.

Are you a member of the Church of Ukraine (Moscow Patriarchate), the Church of Ukraine (Kiev Patriarchate), or the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church?

Greg

- I try to have a little something for everybody in my posts. If you notice a spelling, grammar, or punctuation error... well... I put that in for you.

- I remember a lot of things. (Some of which actually happened.)

- Even the best of men may be born in times unsuited to their virtues.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Eorlingean Catholic
Church Affiliations: KC
Vadim, welcome!! :wave

ImageImage
http://www.distributistreview.com/mag/
Blessed Fr. Jerzy Popieluszko, pray for us!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Orthodox
Greg wrote:
Are you a member of the Church of Ukraine (Moscow Patriarchate), the Church of Ukraine (Kiev Patriarchate), or the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church?

I belong to Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate). The other churches you mentioned are not recognized by all the other world Orthodox Churches.