Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hello i am a Lutheran
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 pm 

Religion: Lutheran
So today I prayed the rosary. Seems very repetatative. Why is that? Why is it not shorter? Please help me out with this. Also last noght I was a our local Catholic Church because somebody I new was there. So I walked down to the chapel, but there was someone in there. The euchuris is uncovered there. I wanted to sit in there, but I just did not want to be disrespectful to God or the person in there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:22 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Themattman wrote:
So today I prayed the rosary. Seems very repetatative. Why is that? Why is it not shorter? Please help me out with this. Also last noght I was a our local Catholic Church because somebody I new was there. So I walked down to the chapel, but there was someone in there. The euchuris is uncovered there. I wanted to sit in there, but I just did not want to be disrespectful to God or the person in there.

Hi Mattman,

The Rosary may seem repetitive because of saying the prayers over and over, greeting our Blessed Mother and asking her to intercede for us. The main part of the Rosary, is to be involved with the mystery for each decade. The Holy Spirit can guide you as to how you are to meditate on each particular mystery in a five-decade Rosary. The mysteries of the Rosary are based on the life of our Lord Jesus Christ and is the "meat" of the Rosary.

In Catholicism 101 the 2nd subject from the top is "The Rosary". Many have given their input there and you may find it helpful.

The Rosary is a beautiful prayer form and can help us reach deeper prayer if we are persistent, and listen to the Holy Spirit. You can do a search on the Rosary and will get many insights. There may be some sites offered in that thread I mentioned.

Mattman, you had walked over to the Adoration Chapel, since you mentioned the Eucharist is
"uncovered". You are certainly welcome there as the Lord certainly welcomes you in His special Presence in the Eucharist. You wouldn't be disturbing anyone unless you decided to sing a song out loud! :)

You may want to take more questions into the Catholicism 101 forum. Feel free to ask!
We are here to help. And you can help us too with your insights.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:36 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Nice response, Dorothy. :salut: Good points.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:40 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Thank you Desertfalcon. God is so good!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 pm 

I am a convert from the Episcopal/Anglican Tradition and probably had many of the same qualms you experience now. Like GK Chesterton said (and I paraphrase), once one stops hating the Church, one begins to admire it, and then to love it...DDD...feel free to message me...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:48 am 
Master
Master

Welcome to the board... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Welcome to DCF. I am a Catholic convert from the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. If it can be worked out I would recommend attending an RCIA session. It doesn't obligate you to become a Catholic, but a good one will provide a lot of answers.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2