Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 63 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:03 pm 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Roman Catholic
Howdy,
I am Christopher and I joined this board when I was a brother at OLAM (Mother Angelica's place). I was a Knight of the Holy Eucharist. Me3rd asked me to join the board, and so I did. I know personally a few people on here. My brother David, don't know his screen... think it is DAMGH or something like that, along with Justin, whose screen escapes me. Then I also met Catholic Defender and Petra at OLAM when I was brother....

anyways... I am a revert. Went to a traditionalist school in so cal called Padre Pio Academy.... turned into a pot head, started studying many types of religions and so called spirituality. Used many psychedelic drugs in my search for God as I lived a crazy homeless hippie life. Never gave up devotion to Blessed Mother. Always wore the Brown Scapular.

Had a near death experience, where Blessed Mother saved my life, due to my mom praying the Rosary for my, and my wearing of the Scapular. I will someday write more in depth of this story of mine. But it is an intro...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:10 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Welcome to DCF but most of all welcome home. I am a revert too...and how grateful I am to be Catholic today. Like the prodigal I had so much and had to almost lose it all to regain my appreciation for His glorious Catholic Church. I too am a devotee of the Blessed Mother as she pulled me out of the pit by one hair.

All Glory to God.

Thank you sharing your story. It is always inspiriing to hear of Gods mercy and love through personal experiences.

The peace of Christ Jesus be with you.

Always Your Catholic Sister in Christ Jesus,
Michele

Post subject: Re: Intro for veteran DCF posters.
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:27 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
I don't know how I missed this. :oops:

Anyway I'm Sharon Lambert Winsatt. I was 'saved' and baptized in a 'Regular' Baptist church and spent my teen years as an Independent Baptist. Mother was very devout and Father went along with what mother wanted.

I attended Bob Jones University where I met my husband David. We have three children.

Because Husband was raised in a strict harsh cult like fundamentalist atmosphere our children were left to decide for themselves about God and faith. While they respect us and all have a belief in God and do not hold antagonistic attitudes toward people of faith they are all basically un-churched.

I stopped going to church in the late 90s and came close to becoming an agnostic when I was watching a U2 video of all things and decided to give this "God" thing one more try. Husband and I started attending a 'seeker' friendly modern 'rock and roll' church that was affiliated with the Brethren. I was restless. I did research on the Brethren church and noticed all the 'splits'. About this time I was doing family genealogy and noted how my family would change churches from one generation to the next. They started out as Quakers, became Methodists and finally Baptists. I started to think things...like 'why switch churches?" Why not stay in the same church? Why do people believe that one church has more 'truth' than another. Aren't they just going where they feel more comfortable? Why do churches split?" I went online and found beliefnet where a poster named "BibleCatholic' answered all my questions about Catholicism. There was also a Priest on there who cleared up all the myths and misunderstandings I had. My research led me to Catholicism but I'm afraid I don't remember any 'aha' moments. It just slowly started to make more and more sense.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 03. After my treatment was over I told my family what I was planning to do and they all supported me. I was received into the church April of 04. Family is still supportive.

I've came here via beliefnet before my conversion and have been here ever since.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 63 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4