Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: question about Compline during the Triduum...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
So I know in the OF, technically any of the Marian antiphons except the Regina Caeli are allowed for Night Prayer during the Triduum, but I like to use the one traditional for the time period when I can figure out what it is. But my 1962 Missal (which is what I usually use to make that determination) says that the Alma Redemptoris is used from Advent until the Purification, the Ave Regina is used from the Purification until tonight, the Regina Coeli is used from Easter until Trinity Sunday (although I stop that at Pentecost since I switch to my Ordinary Time breviary after Pentecost), and the Salve Regina is used after Trinity Sunday. It doesn't say anything about Holy Thursday or Good Friday (I think Mass substitutes for Night Prayer after the Vigil) ... which antiphon is most appropriate during the Triduum?

"Be of good heart ... you who are children of Mary. Remember that she accepts as her children all those who choose to be so. Rejoice! Why do you fear to be lost, when such a a Mother defends and protects you?" - St. Alphonsus Liguori

"Blessed Virgin Mary - Immaculate Mother of God. Crushes Satan's head in her spare time." - CCB

Post subject: Re: question about Compline during the Triduum...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 am 
Majesty
Majesty

You can use Ave Regina for tonight (Maundy Thursday, which is same as Holy Thursday).

His mother said to his servants, "Do whatever he tells you." (John 2:5)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:16 am 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
My guess is that the anthem is suppressed. I know it is suppressed at the end of Lauds during the Triduum. However if you had to say one it would be the Ave Regina Caelorum.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:43 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
thanks, guys! Of course, now it's Easter! And that means I get to sing the Regina Caeli!!!!1

"Be of good heart ... you who are children of Mary. Remember that she accepts as her children all those who choose to be so. Rejoice! Why do you fear to be lost, when such a a Mother defends and protects you?" - St. Alphonsus Liguori

"Blessed Virgin Mary - Immaculate Mother of God. Crushes Satan's head in her spare time." - CCB