Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 4   [ 68 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women "Priests" at Mass Today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
would you consider inviting her to Mass at your parish so she can see the difference (right vs wrong)

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm 
Majesty
Majesty

Sounds that "Mass" was supported by Bishop Gumbleton and Call to Action, too.

His mother said to his servants, "Do whatever he tells you." (John 2:5)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:29 pm 
Adept
Adept

faithfulservant wrote:
Jakub wrote:
If this did indeed occur within the Detroit Archdiocese then I would suggest that they should concentrate on internal liturgical matters instead of the cyber world...

it came from an eye witness to the liturgy... do you doubt what she saw?

Nope...living within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles I have seen some weird stuff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

faithfulservant wrote:
would you consider inviting her to Mass at your parish so she can see the difference (right vs wrong)

We live approximately 40 minutes apart, so I would have more success (possibly) inviting her to one of the other Detroit parishes (prett much the halfway point). There is one parish a couple blocks from hers, and I've told her how beautiful I think this parish is; but I've never been to Mass there.

I know she's been to Mass elsewhere. She went to the same Catholic high school as me. She just didn't keep up with Mass attendance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Roman Catholic
faithfulservant wrote:

not a bad idea!! nice one!!

Therefore, if God wills that we be struck down by some affliction, take it as
a sign that he considers us mature enough to be associated even more closely
with his redeeming Cross.

Stand up against lies heresy and distortion: I DON'T BELIEVE Michael Sean Winters or NCR Online

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 am 
There Can Be Only One

MySweetLord wrote:
...She loves that parish. She had been away from the Mass for a few years, and this place brings her a sense of peace. She is truly unaware of how far the abuse went. ...
If it gives her a sense of peace, then it must be OK. That it may not have been a Mass is trivial in comparison.

Excuse the sarcasm. I will omit my usual comments on modernity. And secularism.

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Pro Ecclesia Dei wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Bagheera wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
It wouldn't hurt to go back for objective evidence and send the pictures to the Archbishop with the letter. Validity is difficult to determine. I would think it would depend on whether the priest actually prayed the Eucharistic prayer. I don't think just part of it counts, especially if he didn't intend to say the whole thing. It's different than when a priest simply messes up.

It depends on whether or not he said the Words of Institution.

I believe some theologians will argue that the words alone are insufficient if they aren't situated in what is a clear attempt to celebrate Mass according to a permitted rite of the Church.

Right, because such would manifest (or so the argument goes) contrary intention....

Not facere quod facit ecclesia.

GKC

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:43 am 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
At the very least, it hinders the Church from remedying any innocent defect. No ecclesia supplens need apply.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:42 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Jakub wrote:
If this did indeed occur within the Detroit Archdiocese then I would suggest that they should concentrate on internal liturgical matters instead of the cyber world...

1. This is more than a liturgical abuse

but

2. Why must you trash an orthodox bishop like Vigneron? You know what, this crap happens in many dioceses (not in many parishes...not by any means) without the bishop really ever knowing or knowing enough to do anything

I went to a Mass in Austria that had women come up to concelebrate. But the very day before the Mass not only lacked any and all abuses, there was chant and people genuflecting to be blessed and a bunch of traditional elements. Tell me that the bishop could ever prove what was happening even if he knew..

3. I suggest we focus on the OP, and not armchairing the bishop, to whom we should look as to Christ in obedience. I think this protestant always second guessing bishops leads to nothing but ruin

My Blog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Pro Ecclesia Dei wrote:
Jakub wrote:

1. This is more than a liturgical abuse

but

2. Why must you trash an orthodox bishop like Vigneron? You know what, this crap happens in many dioceses (not in many parishes...not by any means) without the bishop really ever knowing or knowing enough to do anything

I went to a Mass in Austria that had women come up to concelebrate. But the very day before the Mass not only lacked any and all abuses, there was chant and people genuflecting to be blessed and a bunch of traditional elements. Tell me that the bishop could ever prove what was happening even if he knew..

3. I suggest we focus on the OP, and not armchairing the bishop, to whom we should look as to Christ in obedience. I think this protestant always second guessing bishops leads to nothing but ruin

i saw it differently.. perhaps to simplified.. the way i saw it, between going after voris and this situation, i think this situation is a bit more serious than voris.. perhaps the bishop has more info on voris than we do, but then again, it seems we (for example, ME, all the way in Brazil) have more info about what is going on in a church in his diocese..

Stand up against lies heresy and distortion: I DON'T BELIEVE Michael Sean Winters or NCR Online

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Ugh why do so many Catholics think they have the right to sit around on the internet and opine about what they think the Bishops should and should not be doing?

"The time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires, will surround themselves with teachers who tickle their ears. They will stop listening to the truth and will wander off to fables" (2 Tm 4:3-4).

http://www.mythirtyone.com/107886

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Benedetta wrote:
Ugh why do so many Catholics think they have the right to sit around on the internet and opine about what they think the Bishops should and should not be doing?

well who do we go to with issues like this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Cubano wrote:
Benedetta wrote:

Issues like what? This disturbing Mass should be reported to the Bishop. What the Bishop does about it, and what he does about Voris, are up to him. It's not our job to "go to" anyone about that or second guess it.

"The time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires, will surround themselves with teachers who tickle their ears. They will stop listening to the truth and will wander off to fables" (2 Tm 4:3-4).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Benedetta wrote:
Cubano wrote:
Benedetta wrote:

Issues like what? This disturbing Mass should be reported to the Bishop. What the Bishop does about it, and what he does about Voris, are up to him. It's not our job to "go to" anyone about that or second guess it.

So what's the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei for? As I understand it, we can write to them if the Bishop does not resolve the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:39 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Cubano wrote:
Benedetta wrote:
Cubano wrote:
Benedetta wrote:

So what's the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei for? As I understand it, we can write to them if the Bishop does not resolve the issue.

Tell me again what your issue is? You seem to be complaining that Bishop should be focusing on one thing instead of another. THAT is what I think you have no business complaining/making judgments about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:43 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Benedetta wrote:
Cubano wrote:
Benedetta wrote:
Cubano wrote:
Benedetta wrote:

Tell me again what your issue is? You seem to be complaining that Bishop should be focusing on one thing instead of another. THAT is what I think you have no business complaining/making judgments about.

I just think THIS issue about the church is a "bigger fish to fry" than Voris, but that's just me. I did say that the Bishop MAY HAVE more info on Voris than we do. I think you may be mistaking me for someone else. That being said, I do think we can opine if a Bishop has addressed an issue or not, and if the Bishop does not resolve it, Ecclesia Dei can tell us if the Bishop acted correctly or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:11 pm 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
Cubano wrote:

I just think THIS issue about the church is a "bigger fish to fry" than Voris, but that's just me. I did say that the Bishop MAY HAVE more info on Voris than we do. I think you may be mistaking me for someone else. That being said, I do think we can opine if a Bishop has addressed an issue or not, and if the Bishop does not resolve it, Ecclesia Dei can tell us if the Bishop acted correctly or not.

I think you are underestimating how big a fish Voris truly is. On average, he has one viewer in every county in the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Bombadil wrote:
Cubano wrote:

I think you are underestimating how big a fish Voris truly is. On average, he has one viewer in every county in the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

what's that, 57 by Obama's count?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
that was states , not counties according to the anointed one :fyi:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
3500 for y'all not from around here.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 4   [ 68 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next