Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Dominican Idaho
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Interesting thread, since blogging sort of pulled me away from spending time here!

in 2005 I started a blog to support patients and caregivers of the rare leukemia which took my wife in 2004, T-PLL Support Net - this blog catches a few of the rare cases of T-Cell Prolymphocytic Leukemia (incidence rate 10 cases/year in the US), and I have been able to assist a handful of people in not just the US, but New Zealand, Sweden, and the UK. It's pretty terrifying to be diagnosed with an agressive terminal illness and then be told by your oncologist "I've never seen a case before", which is the usual situation. Rare is the doc who has seen more than one!

I started Catholic blogging in 2007 with Dominican Idaho, a collection of observations on Catholic life and thought from the sagebrush of the intermountain west.
My blog posting has fallen way off as I am now editor of the electronic Lay Dominican newsletter, Truth Be Told, of the the Province of the Holy Name of Jesus (Western US Province). you are welcome to check it out and subscribe.

"You seek me", St. Augustine comments, "for the flesh, not for the spirit. How many seek Jesus for no other purpose than that He may do them good in this present life! [...] Scarcely ever is Jesus sought for Jesus' sake" (In Ioann. Evang, 25, 10).

“therefore is my people led away captive, because they have not knowledge … therefore hath hell enlarged her mouth without any bounds” (Is 5:13-14).

But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved. (Mt 24:13)