Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: for mystery lovers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:23 pm 
Tazer Queen
Tazer Queen

Religion: Catholic
A rollicking good time with a classic mystery character - Sherlock Holmes. My book Murder in the Vatican: The Church Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes can be purchased via Amazon.com, Ignatius.com, or wessexpress.com Check out the image link in my sig line for more details. If you buy a copy let me know and I'll send you a signed book plate to put inside the book.

--Ann

Post subject: Re: for mystery lovers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:33 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

I just ordered your book for my mom (which means I get to read it too! :D). Could you send me the book plate? I'll pm you my address.

"The time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires, will surround themselves with teachers who tickle their ears. They will stop listening to the truth and will wander off to fables" (2 Tm 4:3-4).

http://www.mythirtyone.com/107886

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:42 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
You also get to see Doom's debut as a Sherlock Holmes character.....now WHO could possibly resist that?

Therefore.....let it burn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:32 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Doom wrote:
You also get to see Doom's debut as a Sherlock Holmes character.....now WHO could possibly resist that?

I think I could name something that tops it.

GKC

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:54 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Ann I got the book and the signed book plate. Thanks for sending that to me! I have to resist reading the book before giving it to my mom! I don't want it all "used" looking. :)

"The time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires, will surround themselves with teachers who tickle their ears. They will stop listening to the truth and will wander off to fables" (2 Tm 4:3-4).

http://www.mythirtyone.com/107886

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:49 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

sparky wrote:
A rollicking good time with a classic mystery character - Sherlock Holmes. My book Murder in the Vatican: The Church Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes can be purchased via Amazon.com, Ignatius.com, or wessexpress.com Check out the image link in my sig line for more details. If you buy a copy let me know and I'll send you a signed book plate to put inside the book.

--Ann

Hi Ann,

I recently purchased this book from Ignatius Press, and I just finished reading it. Nice job! I really enjoyed it. I also found that it got better as it went along -- I liked the last story the best, and the middle story second best.

I have read many of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories, though I last read them many years ago. Now I am wanting to get out my old Sherlock Holmes books and read them again.

I am sure it must be much harder to write a well-established character created by someone else than to write an original character, because people will be critical if the character is not true to the original stories. Based on what I remember from Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, I think you did a great job. Not to mention that writing a first-person account in the words of Pope Leo XIII must have been a challenge, but again it was done very well.

Thanks for what I'm sure was much hard work on this book.

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:27 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

My new Kindle is here!

I looked up your novel on Amazon and was disappointed to see it's not available as an eBook. Any plans to make it one?