Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 68 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Women "Priests" at Mass Today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:01 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Brendan wrote:
MySweetLord wrote:
I found this:

I know the guy who wrote that article.

He is in my parish. Two of his daughters were on the Tanzania mission I went on and his son is in my Boy Scout troop. His brother is a Fransiscan of the Renewal.

Good Guy!!

I had actually wondered if you knew him. I was impressed by his article, and googled his name to see if he had any more good stuff. I saw that he was in your neck of the woods. God bless him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Cubano wrote:
Pro Ecclesia Dei wrote:
Jakub wrote:
If this did indeed occur within the Detroit Archdiocese then I would suggest that they should concentrate on internal liturgical matters instead of the cyber world...

1. This is more than a liturgical abuse

but

2. Why must you trash an orthodox bishop like Vigneron? You know what, this crap happens in many dioceses (not in many parishes...not by any means) without the bishop really ever knowing or knowing enough to do anything

I went to a Mass in Austria that had women come up to concelebrate. But the very day before the Mass not only lacked any and all abuses, there was chant and people genuflecting to be blessed and a bunch of traditional elements. Tell me that the bishop could ever prove what was happening even if he knew..

3. I suggest we focus on the OP, and not armchairing the bishop, to whom we should look as to Christ in obedience. I think this protestant always second guessing bishops leads to nothing but ruin

i saw it differently.. perhaps to simplified.. the way i saw it, between going after voris and this situation, i think this situation is a bit more serious than voris.. perhaps the bishop has more info on voris than we do, but then again, it seems we (for example, ME, all the way in Brazil) have more info about what is going on in a church in his diocese..

Pray tell, what exactly did the bishop do to Voris?

The chancery simply answered a question asked of it, and all you armchair bishops go nutty. Fact, one needs permission before presenting matters of faith and morals over broadcast from his own bishop or the bishop of the place from whence the broadcast is made. Fast, canon law requires approbation beforehand to claim the name Catholic. They never even tried to get that permission in the first place. So what, the only acceptable answer according to some people was apparently for the archdiocese to lie and state falsely that he had such permission, when he doesn't? You do realise that the archdiocese merely gave a factual answer. There was no censure, no punishment. Merely fact.

Oh, and the Pontifical Commision Ecclesia Dei has NOTHING to do with these matters. They aren't even part of the CDWS. The only time you should write them in a dispute with a bishop is regards the application of Summorum Pontificum

Either the CDF or the CDWS would be the Roman office to contact if a bishop were to not adequately handle this situation. (I don't remember who has jurisdiction here, some things have changed recently...I am think of the possible invalidity of the Mass, and the act of simulation, as opposed to liturgical abuse as such, might be with the CDF)

My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
MySweetLord wrote:
Not to sound goofy, but do you think it would be advisable to get video evidence prior to contacting the archdiocese? Or would a letter be enough?

If you have the means I would get a video in a hearbeat.

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

I finalized my letter and mailed it. My confessor said that I just needed to describe what I saw, and not worry about spying. Then wait and see.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:00 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
msl... any feedback/response from on high yet?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

faithfulservant wrote:
msl... any feedback/response from on high yet?

I received a prompt reply from the Archbishop. He has referred the situation to the person who would be responsible for followup.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:34 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Where's the 'Like' button when you need it....

The image of the Mother of God demonstrates the basic spiritual attitude which corresponds to woman’s natural vocation; her relation to her husband is one of obedience, trust, and participation in his life as she furthers his objective tasks and personality development; to the child she gives true care, encouragement, and formation of his God-given talents; she offers both selfless surrender and a quiet withdrawal when unneeded. -
Edith Stein

Formerly Sunmumy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:36 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
+1

Need something to read?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 68 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4