Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Sabbath Keeping questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum TIA for any answers you can give me. After reading this booklet on "God's church through the ages"(http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/booklets/ ... h-the-ages) from the "Living Church of God", I have some questions.

Are we wrong to observe Mass on sundays instead of saturdays? They claim that it was changed due to Constantine in accordance with the pagan sun-worshipers & that we violate the Commandments.

Also, why would they still observe Jewish laws such as abstaining from pork & shellfish? They also celebrate Jewish Feast days..

Thanks everyone!

Post subject: Re: Sabbath Keeping questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:50 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

It was "changed" by the Apostles with the authority of the Church to the first day of the week, which is the day of the Resurrection of Our Lord. Christ is Lord of the Sabbath.

Acts 20:7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
As to when Christians stopped following Jewish dietary laws, that goes to the dream that Our Lord gave St. Peter in Acts 10:9-16.

While we are no longer bound by the Kosher diet, I know quite a few Christians who still follow it, at least the part where they are forbidden to combine milk and meat in the same meal. Nutritionists studying the health benefits of being Kosher discovered that dairy products coat the stomach in the digestive process, hindering the absorption of the nutrients in the meat.

Imagine the look on those scientists' faces when they realized that God does, indeed, do things for a reason! :shock:

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 am 

Thank you for your responses!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:04 pm 
Master
Master

Welcome to the forum. :wave

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:35 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

ghall512 wrote:
As to when Christians stopped following Jewish dietary laws, that goes to the dream that Our Lord gave St. Peter in Acts 10:9-16.

While we are no longer bound by the Kosher diet, I know quite a few Christians who still follow it, at least the part where they are forbidden to combine milk and meat in the same meal. Nutritionists studying the health benefits of being Kosher discovered that dairy products coat the stomach in the digestive process, hindering the absorption of the nutrients in the meat.

Imagine the look on those scientists' faces when they realized that God does, indeed, do things for a reason! :shock:

I LOVE your Catholic On Thingie.......

The image of the Mother of God demonstrates the basic spiritual attitude which corresponds to woman’s natural vocation; her relation to her husband is one of obedience, trust, and participation in his life as she furthers his objective tasks and personality development; to the child she gives true care, encouragement, and formation of his God-given talents; she offers both selfless surrender and a quiet withdrawal when unneeded. -
Edith Stein

Formerly Sunmumy.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

And welcome to Catholicism! I'm a recent convert myself--still got a little Tiber water behind my ears.... :incense :shower :sotc

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:40 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

sunmumy wrote:
ghall512 wrote:

I LOVE your Catholic On Thingie.......

Credit belongs to Vincenzo, who posted the linky for the Thingie: http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=143663&p=2380416#p2380416. There's a lot of great stuff over there! :wootsign

Commit to the Image