Login Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Last test of the year for me!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:18 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Byzantine Catholic
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
Hey guys!

I'm taking a little break from about 4 hours of my last test. It's an open book test on the Early Fathers. You would think it would be fairly easy. Answer the question by looking up the quotes.

NOT!

But I think I'm doing okay so far. I have three days to finish 68 questions. Three days on the honor system.

I got another grade: B+ in Church History. Still waiting for my anthropology grade.

God willing, will be back in seminary in June for year two.

Very exciting!

Post subject: Re: Last test of the year for me!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Light of the East wrote:
Hey guys!

I'm taking a little break from about 4 hours of my last test. It's an open book test on the Early Fathers. You would think it would be fairly easy. Answer the question by looking up the quotes.

NOT!

Yeah, only someone with very little experience with 'take home tests' or 'open book tests' would think they were easy.....my students always ask for 'open book tests' or 'take home tests' and I always tell them 'you don't want that, an open book test would have to be about 1,000 times harder than a closed book test' they never believe that, until I give them one, then they never want another one.

Therefore.....let it burn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:11 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Byzantine Catholic
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
Doom wrote:
Light of the East wrote:
Hey guys!

NOT!

Yeah, only someone with very little experience with 'take home tests' or 'open book tests' would think they were easy.....my students always ask for 'open book tests' or 'take home tests' and I always tell them 'you don't want that, an open book test would have to be about 1,000 times harder than a closed book test' they never believe that, until I give them one, then they never want another one.

Doing pretty good so far. I have about 40 of the 68 answers. I can see where an open book test is a learning tool. I've had to do a lot of reading, and my brain is absorbing facts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Light of the East wrote:
Doom wrote:
Light of the East wrote:
Hey guys!

NOT!

Doing pretty good so far. I have about 40 of the 68 answers. I can see where an open book test is a learning tool. I've had to do a lot of reading, and my brain is absorbing facts.

It is a good learning tool, that is precisely what makes it hard, you really have to know what you are doing.

Therefore.....let it burn.